Sarah Birnbaum, of New York Special Needs Support, will team up with David Salsberg, PsyD and Laura Tagliareni, PhD, neuropsychologists from Pediatric Assessment, Learning & Support (PALS), to offer a kindergarten transition workshop hosted by Gillen Brewer School.
Does your child receive preschool special education services? Will he or she enter kindergarten in the fall of 2022?
This presentation is aimed at families of children born in 2017 and starting kindergarten in fall 2022 and will cover topics such as:
- Learning your educational options, public and private
- Obtaining the best evaluations and guidance
- Finding an appropriate kindergarten program
- Understanding your legal rights
- Advocating and creating an IEP for your child at your Turning 5 meeting
- Understanding how the COVID-19 health emergency may impact your Turning 5 year