If your preschool-aged child is currently receiving special education services or therapy, advocating for an appropriate kindergarten program is critical. For parents of children born in 2018, get a head start on the Turning Five process with Sarah Birnbaum, of New York Special Needs Support, and attorney Greg Cangiano of Skyer Law (filling in for Abbie Smith). Greg and Sarah will be joined by Dr. Laura Tagliareni and Dr. David Salsberg, neuropsychologists who have a practice together called PALS (Pediatric Assessment Learning and Support).
This free information session will provide you with invaluable guidance on:
- Determining Your Public and Private School Options
- Finding an Appropriate Kindergarten Program
- Obtaining Evaluations
- Understanding Your Child’s Legal Rights
- Advocating for Your Child at Your Turning 5 IEP Meeting
- Understanding how the COVID-19 Health Emergency May Impact Your Turning 5 Year